Use your IRA to support our mission to provide lifelong refuge and exemplary care to chimpanzees in need. Sometimes called an “IRA Rollover” or a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), it is a gift made directly from your qualified IRA and can lower your taxable income. These gifts are now a permanent part of the U.S. tax code.
Benefits of this gift
- If you are 70½ or older, meets your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
- Pay no income tax on the amount withdrawn for your gift.
- If you do not itemize your taxes and claim the standard deduction instead, a QCD can be particularly beneficial by reducing your taxable income.
- You can give above your deductible charitable limit of 50% of adjusted gross income.
- It’s simple to arrange and you do not need an attorney.
- Your gift immediately goes to support the greatest needs at Save the Chimps.
How to do this gift
- Your gift may come from a Traditional or a Roth IRA and be a one-time or a recurring distribution. Each person over the age of 70½ can donate up to $100,000 per year from their IRAs tax-free.
- If you’re under the age of 70½, you can make a withdrawal from your IRA and donate the proceeds to Save the Chimps after taxes.
- Funds are easily transferred to Save the Chimps (Federal Tax ID: 65-0789748). To initiate the transfer from your account, simply contact your plan administrator and have them send a check directly to us at: Save the Chimps, Inc. Attn: Director of Development PO Box 12220 Fort Pierce, FL 34979
- The gift date is the date the funds clear your account—not the postmark date. So we strongly recommend mailing checks by December 1 to allow extra time for your gift to be deposited.
- The check must clearly state the account is an IRA and have your name on it, and must be completed by December 31 each year.