Join us on Saturday, March 30, and tour the 150-acre sanctuary, home to more than 200 chimpanzees. An experienced staff member will take you on a guided walking tour of the sanctuary passing each of the twelve islands our residents call home. We will share with you the history of Save the Chimps and what it takes to care for our beloved chimpanzee residents. Save the Chimps is normally closed to the public making this a unique opportunity.
Tickets are $70 for adults and $35 for children 17 and under.
Things to know:
- The event is rain or shine, there will be no rescheduling or refunds due to weather.
- Our residents will be enjoying their island homes and viewed from a distance.
- The sanctuary was not designed to accommodate the public, therefore parking is limited. Please arrive no sooner than 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time. Once the tour is completed and you are done shopping, we ask that you exit the sanctuary as parking and space are limited. Thank you for understanding.
- The distance of the walking tour is approximately 1.25 miles on a sandy, unpaved road, with some portions on grass and uneven ground. If you cannot walk 1.25 miles, you may reserve a spot on a golf cart by reaching out to us after you purchase your ticket(s). Follow the directions on the event page for reserving a golf cart. Space is limited.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen. Hats, sunglasses, umbrellas or rain jackets, and binoculars are recommended.
- Photography is permitted so bring your camera!
Register for Member Day
Spots are extremely limited so don’t wait, sign-up today!
We look forward to sharing the magic of Save the Chimps with you!