Join us on Saturday, April 1st, and tour the 150-acre sanctuary, home to over 220 chimpanzees. Save the Chimps is closed to the public making this a unique opportunity. Tickets are now on sale for the event. An experienced staff member will take you on a guided walking tour of the sanctuary passing each of the twelve islands our residents call home. We will share the history of Save the Chimps and what it takes to care for our beloved chimpanzee residents.
Tickets are $60 for adults and $30 for children 17 and under. Tour groups are small and space is limited.
Things to know:
- The event is rain or shine, there will be no rescheduling or refunds due to weather.
- The distance of the walking tour is approximately 1.25 miles on a sandy, unpaved road, with some portions on grass and uneven ground.
- Our residents will be enjoying their island homes and viewed from a distance.
- The sanctuary was not designed to accommodate the public, therefore parking is limited. Please arrive no sooner than 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time. Once the tour is completed, we ask that you exit the sanctuary as parking and space are limited. Thank you for understanding.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen. Hats, sunglasses, umbrellas or rain jackets, and binoculars are recommended.
- Photography is permitted so bring your camera!
Register for Member Day
Spots are extremely limited so don’t wait, sign-up today!
We look forward to sharing the magic of Save the Chimps with you!