This Sunday is Banana Lover’s Day, and we are home to more than 220 banana lovers! Along with an assortment of other fresh produce, our residents eat bananas daily. And each day, the bananas are met with the same happy enthusiasm!
According to our residents, there is no wrong way to eat a banana! Here are some of the many ways they enjoy them:
- Peel banana, eat banana, then peel
- Peel banana, eat banana, discard peel
- Bite and eat banana, peel and all
- Swish banana in a bucket of water, then eat it
- Enjoy a frozen banana, squish it in your mouth like pudding
- Admire yourself in a mirror while eating a banana
- And many more, watch this video for more ways to eat a banana (but perhaps don’t try all these ways at home!)
Did you know that just $5.67 sponsors a round of bananas for an entire chimpanzee family!?
Visit our online wishlist store if you’d like to sponsor bananas in honor of Banana Lover’s Day.
Banana Lover’s Day isn’t just for chimpanzees! Pick up some banana-themed merchandise like socks, a candle, a tumbler, or greeting cards in our online shop.
Happy Banana Lover’s Day!