A gift through your will or living trust is a simple but impactful way to support our mission. Bequest gifts are a vital source of funding to support our mission to provide lifelong refuge and exemplary care to chimpanzees in need. You can plan your future contribution by giving any amount of cash or a percentage of your estate or a specific property/asset.
Benefits of this gift
- It costs you nothing now and you retain control of the assets during your lifetime.
- You can change the provisions at any time if your circumstances change.
- Your gift can remain anonymous if you choose.
- Your gift is fully deductible for federal estate-tax purposes and may help reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
- With this future gift you will be remembered by what you cared about now, leaving a lasting legacy.
How to do this gift
- You designate Save the Chimps as either a primary or a contingent beneficiary in your will or living trust, using the language below, with a dollar amount or a percentage of your estate or a specific asset.
- Then let Save the Chimps know of your commitment, which helps for planning and ensures your wishes are fulfilled.
To Name Save the Chimps in your estate plans, use this sample bequest language:
“I/We give and bequeath ____________________________ [a specific dollar amount or percentage of estate or asset] to Save the Chimps, Inc., a nonprofit corporation (federal tax ID: 65-0789748) with a principal business address of PO Box 12220, Fort Pierce, FL 34979.”