Our most frequently asked question over the last two years has been when our onsite events would return. We can finally say that Member Day is back! Tickets are now on sale for the event taking place on Saturday, April 9th. Save the Chimps is closed to the public making this a unique opportunity.
Join us on Saturday, April 9th, and tour the 150-acre sanctuary, home to more than 200 chimpanzees. An experienced staff member will take you on a guided walking tour of the sanctuary passing each of the twelve islands our residents call home. We will share with you the history of Save the Chimps and what it takes to care for our beloved chimpanzee residents.
Tickets are $50 for adults and $25 for children 17 and under. For everyone’s safety due to Covid concerns, tour groups will be smaller than in the past so space is limited.
Things to know:
- The event is rain or shine, there will be no rescheduling or refunds due to weather.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and tour groups have been reduced for the safety of our guests, staff, and residents.
- Our residents will be enjoying their island homes and viewed from a distance.
- The sanctuary was not designed to accommodate the public, therefore parking is limited. Please arrive no sooner than 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time. Once the tour is completed, we ask that you exit the sanctuary as parking and space are limited. Thank you for understanding.
- The distance of the walking tour is approximately 1.25 miles on a sandy, unpaved road, with some portions on grass and uneven ground.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen. Hats, sunglasses, umbrellas or rain jackets, and binoculars are recommended.
- Photography is permitted so bring your camera!
- Update as of Friday, April 1st: As always, the safety of our staff, residents, and guests is of our utmost priority. As the COVID positivity rate in St. Lucie County is now below 3%, we have adjusted our COVID protocols and no longer require a COVID vaccine or mask for guests visiting our sanctuary for Member Day. Guests will still be required to complete the waiver during the ticket purchasing process, complete a COVID attest form day of the event, and have their temperature checked at registration. Save the Chimps’ team will continue to monitor the COVID trends in our area to ensure the safety of all. Thank you for your continued support of Save the Chimps!
Register for Member Day
Spots are extremely limited so don’t wait, sign-up today!
We look forward to sharing the magic of Save the Chimps with you!